Effective & Last Modified January 11, 2015
I. INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE
II. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
III. ACCESS AND USE
1) We may offer certain portions of our Products at no charge (e.g., Websites and/or Blogs) and others for a one-time fee, on a subscription basis or under a lawful pricing structure such as certain of our Applications. In all instances, our Products are not being sold to you; but rather, you are being granted a limited license to use our Products. In addition, the license to use any of our paid Products does not necessarily transfer across operating systems and/or different equipment including but not limited to; mobile devices, computers, etc. For example, unless we specifically state so in writing, the use of any of our Applications is limited to the relevant device and/or operating system you are using at the time you purchase the license to use the Application.
2) Some of our Websites may be offered to you conditioned on your payment of a fee (“Premium Products”). By using the Premium Services you will be subject to any charges and rules set forth in the additional terms for that particular Premium Service, in addition to the general terms provided below. We will provide notice of any fees, or extra fees, before you register for or enter a Premium Service Agreement. You are responsible for any charges for premium content incurred by your account. We are not liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, whether with or without your knowledge. In the event that you pay for a Premium Service by credit card, you authorize us to charge your credit card account by registering for the service and providing us with your credit card information. You warrant to us that the credit card information that you provide us is correct and is your account. You may cancel your membership in the Premium Service at any time by contacting us using the contact information provided in the Premium Service Agreement. We reserve the right to terminate your access to the Premium Service at any time, without notice, and upon such termination we shall return the unused pro-rata portion of your membership fee.
4) Any software that is made available to view and/or download in connection with our Websites is owned or controlled by us and/or licensors, affiliates and suppliers and is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions. Your use of the software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the software. We accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any software owned or controlled by third parties.
- Remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice we include in or through our Product or Product Content;
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with our security-related features including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict the use of or copying of any software or other Product Content;
- Use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” the Website or Product Content for any purpose (except for that which routinely occurs through the use of bona fide search engines) without our express written permission;
- Collect or harvest any personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information from our Product including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- Solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- Attempt to or interfere with the proper working of our Products or impair, overburden, or disable the same, including but not limited to any attempt at “hacking”;
- Decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of our software or other Product Content, Applications or our Products;
- Use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from our Products;
- Encourage conduct that violates any local or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity;
- Violate Netherlands export laws, including, without limitation, violations of the United States Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations administered by the Department of Commerce; or
- Engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Products.
7) For additional terms applying to contests or sweepstakes conducted by this Website, refer to this Website’s contest or sweepstakes information section, if applicable.
IV. USER REGISTRATION & PROMOTIONAL MESSAGES
1) In order to access or use some features of our Products, you may have to become a registered user. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), then you are not permitted to register as a user, sign up for any promotional messages, or otherwise provide us any personal information.
2) If you become a registered user, you will provide true, accurate and complete registration information and, if such information changes, you will promptly update the relevant registration information. During registration, you may create a user name and password (a “Membership”). You are solely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Membership. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs under your Membership, whether or not you have authorized the activity. You agree to contact us by clicking the “Contact Us” link on our Website immediately if you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Membership.
V. USER CONTENT
1) We do permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available through our Product messages, text, illustrations, data, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (“User Content”). Subject to the rights and license you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published through our Products. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
2) You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right that you do not expressly own without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
3) You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- Violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person or entity;
- Impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable, or otherwise violates any applicable law;
- Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law;
4) Is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
5) Includes personal information such as messages which identify phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
6) Contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury; or
7) Is a chain letter of any kind.
Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Products will not be permitted.
10) We do not accept or consider, directly or through any employee or agent, unsolicited ideas of any kind, including without limitation, creative content, ideas or suggestions relating to new or improved products, enhancements, names or technologies, advertising and marketing campaigns, plans or other promotions. Do not send us (or any of our employees) any unsolicited ideas, suggestions, material, images or other work in any form (“Unsolicited Materials”). If you send us Unsolicited Materials, you understand and agree that the following terms will apply, notwithstanding any cover letter or other terms that accompany them:
- We have no obligation to review any Unsolicited Materials, nor to keep any Unsolicited Materials confidential; and
- We will own, and may use and redistribute Unsolicited Materials for any purpose, without restriction and free of any obligation to acknowledge or compensate you
- Notwithstanding the generality of the foregoing, we reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising, marketing, promotional, and other commercial purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of our distribution partners, marketing partners, accounts, and third-party service providers (including their downstream users).
- We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor User Content. We have the right in our sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever to edit, refuse to post, remove, or disable access to any User Content.
VI. E-COMMERCE & BUSINESS
1) You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older to make purchases on any of our Websites.
2) We reserve the right to limit the quantity of sales of particular items and further reserve the right to cancel multiple orders of such item purchases by the same user and/or users with the same shipment/delivery address.
3) We attempt to be as accurate as possible in our product descriptions. However, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other content of our Websites is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Including but not limited to any advertisements or product descriptions posted by our members or visitors. If a product offered by us is not purchased as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition. If you purchase a product from a Member from the Classified ads published by Members, or products listed in the RV Hobo Store sold by Members, you agree that the transaction and any and all remedies are exclusively between you and the Member and do herein absolve the RV Hobo Network from any and all responsibilities for any such transaction.
4) Except where noted otherwise, the list price or suggested price displayed for products on any of our Websites represents the full retail price listed on the product itself, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier, estimated in accordance with standard industry practice, or is the estimated retail value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. Where an item is offered for sale by one of our merchants, or listed by one of our Members, the list price or suggested price may be provided by the merchant or Member. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error received from its suppliers, we shall, and/or the listing Member shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for the product listed at the incorrect price. We shall, and the listing Member shall, have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order sold by us is cancelled, we will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. If you have made a payment directly to a listing Member where your credit card was charged, the transaction in its entirety is solely between you and the listing Member.
5) Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. We may automatically charge and withhold the sales tax for orders based on the applicable state sales tax rate and the location to which the item is being shipped. Otherwise, you are solely responsible for all sales taxes, or other taxes, on orders shipped to you.
6) All requests for service and support for items purchased from us should be made directly to the manufacturer in accordance with their terms and conditions.
7) Some of our Websites may offer gift cards redeemable for the purchase of goods and/or services (“Gift Cards”). The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the purchaser, recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. We are not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. We make no warranties, express or implied, with respect to Gift Cards, including without limitation, any express or implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event a Gift Card is non-functional, your sole remedy, and our sole liability, shall be the replacement of such Gift Card. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
8) Some of our Websites may sell vouchers which are redeemable for certain goods, services or experiences (“Vouchers”). These Vouchers are special promotional offers that you purchase from participating non-RVHN merchants (“Merchants”) through our Websites. The Merchant will be identified on the voucher and such Merchant is solely responsible for redeeming the Voucher. The Merchant is the issuer of the Voucher and is fully responsible for all goods and services it provides to you and for any and all injuries, illnesses, damages, claims, liabilities and costs (“Liabilities”) it may cause you to suffer, directly or indirectly, in full or in part, whether related to the use or redemption of a Voucher or not. You waive and release RVHN and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees and agents from any Liabilities arising from or related to any act or omission of a Merchant in connection with your use of a voucher or the services/goods it provides in connection with it. Additionally, the expiration date on the Voucher sets forth the last date on which you can redeem your Voucher for the full promotional value as stated on the Voucher, but applicable law may provide that the Merchant is responsible for honoring the cash value that you paid for the Voucher for a period of time beyond that expiration date.
9) We provide our Products including, without limitation, Product Content for educational, entertainment and/or promotional purposes. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed through any of our Products for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of any Product Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Product Content.
10) Any health-related Product Content available is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. We do not warrant the validity of any such health-related statements found on or through our Products. All such information is general in nature and may be helpful to some persons but not others, depending upon their personal needs. You should always consult with your physician prior to changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on or through our Products.
11) In many instances, Product Content will include content posted by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement offered through our Products by anyone other than our authorized employees or spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
12) Our Products may link or contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website.
13) Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in contests or promotions of advertisers and other third parties (i.e. entities other than RVHN) found on or through this Website, including payment and delivery of related goods or service, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such party. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the website.
2) If you are using our Website on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless, defend and indemnify the LVHN Parties from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Website or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgements, litigation costs and attorney’s fees.
VIII. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly agree that use of our Products is at your sole risk. Our Products and Product Content (including software) are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the RVHN Parties disclaim any and all warranties including any: (a) warranties that our Products will meet your requirements; (b) warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, security, usefulness, timeliness, or information content of our Products or Product Content; (c) warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose; (d) warranties for services or goods received through, advertised or accessed through our Products; (e) warranties concerning the accuracy or reliability of the results that may be obtained from the use of our Products; (f) warranties that your use of our Products will be sure or uninterrupted; and (g) warranties that errors in our Products or Product Content (including software) will be corrected.
IX. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
3) These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law. In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted; in such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
XI. COPYRIGHT POLICY
1) We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may terminate and/or disable the Membership of users suspected to be infringing the copyrights (or other intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, we may remove or disable access to material on any of our Websites or hosted on our systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
2) In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”), we will respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to the agent that we have designated to receive notifications of claims infringement (our “DMCA Compliance Officer”). The DMCA Compliance Officer for notice of claims of copyright infringement on our Website can be reached by clicking the “Contact Us” link on our Website.
3) If you are a copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner) and believe that your work’s copyright has been infringed, please report your notice of infringement to us by providing our DMCA Compliance Officer with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
XII. CHOICE OF LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
XIII. DISPUTE RESOLUTION & MANDATORY ARBITRATION
1) We each agree to first contact each other with any disputes and provide a written description of the problem, all relevant documents/information and the proposed resolution. You agree to contact us with disputes by contacting us at the address provided in the “Contact Us” link on our Website. We will contact you based on the contact information you have provided us.
2) If, after thirty (30) days, the parties are unable to resolve any dispute raised under the previous provision, the dispute may only be submitted to arbitration consistent with this section. The parties understand that they would have had a right or opportunity to litigate disputes through a court and to have a judge or jury decide their case, but they instead choose to have any disputes resolved through arbitration.
3) We each agree that any claim or dispute between us, and any claim by either of us against any agent, employee, successor, or assign of the other, including, to the full extent permitted by applicable law, third parties who are not signatories to this agreement, whether related to this agreement or otherwise, including past, present, and future claims and disputes and including any dispute as to the validity or applicability of this arbitration clause, shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the JAMS under its rules and procedures in effect when the claim is filed. The rules and procedures and other information, including information on fees, may be obtained from JAMS directly.
4) We are entering into this arbitration agreement in connection with a transaction involving interstate commerce. Accordingly, this arbitration agreement and any proceedings thereunder shall be governed by the Arbitration Laws of the Netherlands. Any award by the arbitrator(s) may be entered as a judgement in any court having jurisdiction.
5) As set forth below, we each agree that any arbitration will be solely between You and us, not as part of a class-wide claim (i.e., not brought on behalf of or together with another individual’s claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the class-wide dispute must be brought in court.
XIV. NO CLASS ACTIONS
To the extent permitted by law, we each waive any right to pursue disputes on a class-wide basis; that is, either to join a claim with the claim of any other person or entity, or assert a claim in a representative capacity on behalf of anyone else in any lawsuit, arbitration or other proceeding.
XV. NO TRIAL BY JURY
To the extent allowed by law, we each waive any right to trial by jury in any lawsuit, arbitration or other proceeding.
XVI. AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
You hereby agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct deemed by the RVHN to be harmful to the online community, including not limited to the following:
- posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;
- posting any content containing nudity, of any individual under 18 years of age is prohibited from any part of the Websites, including but not limited to the “Adults Only” areas.
- posting any sexually explicit content to any areas not specifically designated as “Adults Only”,
- soliciting personal information from anyone under 18 years of age;
- providing a hyperlink to any website containing nudity from any areas not specifically designated as “Adults Only”,
- soliciting or promoting any criminal activity;
- posting content which promotes hatred of any race, ethnicity, sex, gender, or religion;
- transmitting unsolicited email to the RVHN or any member;
- impersonating any person or entity;
- posting advertisements or any other form of commercial solicitation without express authorization from RVHN;
- infringing the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights;
- posting any defamatory or otherwise false information; and
- posting or transmitting computer viruses or any other malicious software.
We assume no responsibility to monitor the Websites but may do so at our discretion. Member posted content may be removed from the Websites at any time without prior notice.
XVIII. CONTENT POSTED BY MEMBERS
By posting content on the Websites you warrant that you are the creator and owner of the posted content, or that you have obtained prior written consent to post said content from a third party owner. When posting content originating from any third party, you agree to conspicuously post the name of said third party adjacent to said posted content. By posting content on the Websites, you also grant, and warrant that you have the authority to grant, RVHN a limited license to display, reproduce, modify, and use any text, image, video, music, or any other content that you post on the Websites.
XIX. CLASSIFIED ADVERTISING
RVHN provides a Classified Advertising Website (“Classifieds”) for its Members and Commercial Advertisers (“Advertisers”). All products and/or services advertised at Classifieds are the property of the Advertisers, and as such, any transaction associated with such advertising, including but not limited to products and/or services, is between the Advertiser, or seller (“Seller”) and the buyer, or receiver of said product and/or service (“Buyer”) are solely between the Buyer and Seller. We do not endorse, warrant, and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement offered by Advertisers including any links provided by Advertisers to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website. In short; any transactions and/or interactions between a Seller and Buyer are solely between the Seller and Buyer and You do herein agree that RVHN is not responsible nor liable for any such transactions and/or interactions.
XX. RVHN STORE
RVHN provides an e-commerce store Website (“Store”). RVHN may sell its own products or services in the Store, and as such, those products or services are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in section VI above entitled “E-COMMERCE & BUSINESS”. Additionally RVHN does allow Members and Commercial Businesses to sell products through concessions which is an e-commerce version of a Flea Market Vendor (“Vendor”). All Vendor products and/or services available at the Store are the property of the Vendors, and as such, any transaction associated with such Vendor, including but not limited to products and/or services, is between the Vendor and the buyer, or receiver of said product and/or service (“Buyer”) and are solely between the Vendor and Buyer. We do not endorse, warrant, and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement offered by Vendors including any links provided by Vendors to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to You for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of Your dealings with any third-party or their website. In short; any transactions and/or interactions between a Vendor and Buyer are solely between the Vendor and Buyer and You do herein agree that RVHN is not responsible nor liable for any such transactions and/or interactions.
XXI. HOSTED BLOGS & WEBSITES
2) Any Blogs or Websites that are hosted on the RVHN (“Blogs”) are independent from RVHN. RVHN simply provides hosting services to bloggers and websites in the same manner as Bloggers.com, WordPress.com and other hosting providers. All Blogs content, products and/or services available at these hosted sites are the property of the Blogs and or their owners, and as such, any content or transaction associated with such Blog, including but not limited to products and/or services, is between the Blog and you (“You”) are solely between the Blog and You.
3) We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these Blogs. You assume sole responsibility for Your use of these Blogs. We are not responsible for any content posted on these Blogs or liable to You for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of Your dealings with any Blog. In short; any content viewed, transactions and/or interactions between a Blog and You, are solely between the Blog and You, and You do herein agree that RVHN is not responsible nor liable for any such content, transactions and/or interactions.
4) We do not endorse, warrant, and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement offered by Blogs, including any links provided by a Blog to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third-party websites . You assume sole responsibility for Your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to You for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of Your dealings with any third-party website. In short; any transactions and/or interactions between a third-party website and You are solely between the third-party website and You. You do herein agree that RVHN is not responsible nor liable for any such transactions and/or interactions.
1) No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.